This award recognises outstanding students who understand and can demonstrate the role that digital media plays in a modern company or brand. This award is open to all second level, third level, and higher education students and is free to enter.
Select a company or brand and develop your own digital media project/initiative that is suitable and relative for the brand. Judges are looking for students who can demonstrate the positive role of digital media as evidenced by one of the four types of projects below:
- Social Media campaign.
- Website design/redesign project.
- Mobile project (site optimisation or app development).
- Development of a new e-business. (Examples: Hailo, Uber, Spotify, Amazon).
- Situation Analysis 30%
- Project Objectives 25%
- Project Implementation 25%
- Creativity 20%
Situation Analysis: 30%
Purpose: We want to know more about your company/brand and what it is capable of.
- Prepare a SWOT analysis of your organisation from a digital media perspective.
- Provide an overview of the company’s/brand’s USP (Unique Selling Point).
Purpose: We want to know the customer/target audience.
- Provide some demographic information: location, gender, age, income etc.
- Provide an overview of the digital media channels they use.
- Provide an overview of why they use or visit the company/brand.
- Provide a brief overview of the tone of language that they appreciate.
Purpose: We want to know more about your competitors.
- Provide a brief overview of the top 2 competitors.
- What product/service(s) do they offer that compete with yours?
Project Objectives: 25%
Purpose: We want to know the objectives of this project and what is to be achieved.
- Outline 3 objectives to be achieved in this digital media project.
- Use a framework such as SMART objectives (Specific, Realistic, Achievable, Realistic, Timely) or RACE (Reach, Act, Convert, Engage) to help you write the objectives.
- Examples include: Increase website traffic or conversions, Increase online sales, Build Twitter/Facebook audience etc.
- Provide an overview of why you choose these objectives.
Project implementation: 25%
Purpose: We want to know what is involved in implementing the digital media project.
- Use your situation analysis and objectives to create a consistent implementation plan.
- Provide an overview of the key steps and time frames in the project. (if required, feel free to use Excel, MS Project or a Gannt Chart etc. to illustrate your answer).
- Provide an overview of the tools/platforms used in the project (Examples: SurveyMonkey, Google Analytics, Tweetdeck, Facebook, WordPress etc).
- Provide a brief overview of the key people/agencies to be involved in the project.
- Provide a brief overview of the budget/costs associated with the project.
- Provide an overview of the key metrics used to assess if the project has delivered on the objectives set out.
Purpose: We want to know how this project stands out from the rest in terms of its creativity and uniqueness.
- Explain the thought process behind the design
- Provide mock-up, drawings or imagery of the creative/design
- Discuss the impact of the creative on the project including any innovation
- Entries can be submitted in PDF or Word Document format.
- Max Word count: 1,200 words.
- Visuals including any images or chats can be attached with entry.
Additional Information Required
- School/college that you are studying in.
- Programme title (Example Leaving certificate or degree in marketing).